Thanks for your interest in SUEZ North America. Here you’ll find answers to a variety of questions to help guide you through the application process.
SUEZ welcomes applications from all qualified job candidates, and we embrace diversity. The personal attributes of a successful applicant include:
- A positive attitude
- Motivation and a desire to learn, improve, and succeed
- Ability and willingness to work and communicate as a team
- Dedication to complete customer satisfaction
- Ability to apply business knowledge and build our company
Visit the Current Openings page of our Careers site section. There you can build or update your candidate profile, and view and apply for open positions.
Don’t see a position that fits your qualifications? Sign up for our Job Agent to receive alerts about new jobs in your areas of interest.
For best results, we recommend using Google Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer
It is strongly recommended that you submit a resume with your application; it will help the recruiter review your background. If you need help creating a resume, visit your local employment resource office. If you continue without submitting a resume, you will still be able to complete the remainder of the Candidate Profile for consideration.
You are welcome to apply for as many positions for which you feel you are qualified. Once you have submitted your first application, you may apply for other positions using the “Existing Resume/CV” button at the bottom of each posting. Once you bring up your profile data, you can click “Submit This Profile” to apply to the selected position.
We encourage you to check back often. You can also create a Job Agent to notify you when positions that fit your qualifications are posted. Simply click on “Create Job Agent” on the left side of the page. The Job Agent can be modified when you receive new qualifications or if your interests change.
Yes, you can submit your resume without attaching it to a particular posting, for general consideration. Click the “Submit Your Resume” link at the bottom of the Search Current Openings page.
When a position opens, a company representative searches our files for resumes that contain specific keywords related to the job description. If a resume has the minimum requirements for the position, the company representative may contact the candidate.
You may be contacted for a phone interview. Provide the company representative as much information as possible as it relates to the position. Human Resources will provide the phone summary to the hiring manager to determine next steps. The most competitive candidates are scheduled for interviews, most often conducted face-to-face.
Your Candidate Profile will immediately be forwarded to the recruiter. Your qualifications will be reviewed, and we will communicate results of your application to you either way. You will also be considered for any position for which the recruiter feels you are qualified.
The written offer letter will include information such as start date, salary and benefits. If the candidate declines the offer, the company representative may then offer the position to the next most qualified applicant. Once the position has been filled, remaining candidates may be contacted for other opportunities.
Check out our Event Calendar to see where and when activities will be taking place.
Yes, employees may refer candidates for eligible positions and receive compensation if the hire is successful.
Work History & Qualifications
- Full name
- Telephone numbers
- E-mail address
- Work-related experience, especially as it relates to the position to which you are applying
- Educational background
- Professional associations
- Employment history, starting with the most recent.
- Years of employment for all positions.
- Skills, programs, training and qualifications that highlight your strengths.
- Specific experiences you have that relate to your qualifications. (Recruiters are especially looking for backgrounds that relate to open positions.)
- Be clear and concise
- Make sure you proofread your resume.
- Use headings that are clearly stated (e.g., bold) and easy to interpret.
- Show interest by preparing—research SUEZ and our industry, and know your skills, talents, and accomplishments.
- Prepare a list of questions and practice your own "great responses" with others or in front of a mirror.
- Dress to reflect the image of a business professional.
- Bring multiple copies of your resume and list of references.
- Extend a firm, friendly handshake.
- Maintain good eye contact.
- Give direct responses to questions.
- Exhibit confidence and poise.
- Express yourself clearly (voice, diction, grammar).
- Express a career objective and verbalize an interest in long-term opportunities (goals).
- Share examples of how your skills and abilities would fit the job.